Armonia - the Glowing City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Out of the Storm (Open)
Forest Meeting [Taryn] EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 11:59 pm by Alastoria Ivanesca

» One Piece No Mans Story
Forest Meeting [Taryn] EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 2:48 pm by Guest

» Dalibor Weyr - A Semi-Canon Pern RP [jcink]
Forest Meeting [Taryn] EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 5:49 am by Guest

» Take Me To Wonderland ~ A dystopian Wonderland RP
Forest Meeting [Taryn] EmptySat May 02, 2015 1:40 pm by The Cheshire Cat

» Custom Titles!
Forest Meeting [Taryn] EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 12:43 pm by Christian Torres

» And A Song Someone Sings ~ Anyone
Forest Meeting [Taryn] EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 12:40 pm by Christian Torres

» Threefold; A Salem inspired supernatural creatures RPG
Forest Meeting [Taryn] EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 6:54 pm by Guest

» You don't know me? [Eoin]
Forest Meeting [Taryn] EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 1:47 am by Alvina Stark

» Faolan Dinfar || wip
Forest Meeting [Taryn] EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 5:53 am by Faolan Dinfar

» Lehigh Riding Academy // Riding Academy Set In Rural PA, USA
Forest Meeting [Taryn] EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 12:41 pm by Arielle Riviera

» WICKED GRACE - A Dragon Age Inquisition RP
Forest Meeting [Taryn] EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 2:37 pm by Guest

» waking up to ash and dust [maleficent]
Forest Meeting [Taryn] EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 12:24 pm by Maleficent

» The GIF Game!
Forest Meeting [Taryn] EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 4:17 am by Princess Felicity Mercer

» A new friend [Alora]
Forest Meeting [Taryn] EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 2:17 pm by Guest

» Category Clean-Up!
Forest Meeting [Taryn] EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 1:50 pm by Arielle Riviera

Chatbox
Affiliates
Member Sites

Sites We <3
Keep the Magic Secret

We're featured at:

Forest Meeting [Taryn]

2 posters

Go down

Forest Meeting [Taryn] Empty Forest Meeting [Taryn]

Post by Fenix Aescar Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:27 am

Life was beautiful. You came to realise this after surviving through so many hardships. For so long this notion is forgotten, lost in the hurt and pain. Lost until one day something clicks, and the beauty in the world around you returns.

Fenix often felt like this on his rare ventures out into Sniegsmetsä Forest. Despite however tough things were at the moment, the second he stepped within the forest boundaries the outside world just fell away, to be replaced with a deep sense of tranquillity and the calming thought of 'just look around you - life is stunning!' constantly running through his mind.

The young Healer stopped for a moment, just taking in the beautiful sun before him. The sun's rays filtered through the canopy of branches, forest dust and flecks waltzing in the light. The cheerful singing and calling of various birds made for a soothing musical accompaniment on his walk. It had rained last night and the unique forest perfume of mushrooms, leaves and pine needles teased the senses.

Today, Fenix was planning on going on a bit of a ingredient-collecting spree. He could hardly afford to buy anything from Daegonna this week, at least not yet. So he'd decided to do the next best thing - head straight to the ingredient source itself.
Fenix Aescar
Fenix Aescar

Back to top Go down

Forest Meeting [Taryn] Empty Re: Forest Meeting [Taryn]

Post by Taryn Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:52 pm

When Taryn woke up this morning, the wonderful smell of freshness after the rain in her nose, she instantly smiled. Like she always did, when she woke up in the morning. Today was going to be perfect for a little spree and looking for mushrooms to sell to Daegonna or even Nancy. The warmth of the days and the rain at night were perfect for them to grow.

Taryn got herself a quick breakfast, got ready for her spree and headed out, flying through the branches of the trees until she reached the ground and landed on her feet, much to her surprise just a few feet from the main path. She smiled, her wings still moving rapidly as she then flew just a few feet over the ground toward the main path, leading through the forest.
Taryn
Taryn
Earth Admin
Earth Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenix Aescar Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:06 pm

Looking around him as he walked, Fenix couldn't help the now-permanent grin on his face. Oh how much he'd changed - gone was the broken boy that he used to be, to be replaced with the happy-go-lucky guy he was now. And Fenix didn't regret it one bit. Life was short, as his parents's untimely death had proven; it was too much a waste of its use to spend it moping.

As he walked, he was distracted by a clump of mushrooms that was nearby, consequently not seeing the fairy some hundred metres away, as he meandered towards the fungi. Mmm, mushroom soup for dinner sounds rather lovely...
Fenix Aescar
Fenix Aescar

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:53 am

Taryn smelled the scent of mushrooms nearby, too and smiled, humming a happy tune as her wings took her to the group of mushrooms, but just as she was about to land, she spotted someone else heading for those mushrooms, someone she hadn't met before. Maybe she'd seen him before? But Taryn couldn't remember. Who was the stranger? Flying just a little bit higher, she hovered nearby, above any human being and watched man who, as Taryn saw just now, was happily grinning as he walked to the mushrooms.
Taryn
Taryn
Earth Admin
Earth Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenix Aescar Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:25 am

Humming a tune to himself, Fenix crouched down, took a small bone knife out of his pocket and began to cut the fungi down before putting them carefully into his basket. Gently does it. Broken mushrooms are hardly appetising.

Having cut enough for a decent dinner tonight, the male took out a handkerchief, wiping his knife with it. The knife was a present from his Grandfather when he'd finished his Healer training and the boy cherished it highly.

Turning around he finally spotted the pretty winged-being. "Hello up there," he called out, giving a small wave to her with the hand that wasn't holding the basket.
Fenix Aescar
Fenix Aescar

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:10 pm

Taryn, unsure of what to think about the... well, actually nice-looking stranger, had stayed up in the trees, even sat down on a bigger perch and watched. But as he spotted her and was kind enough to greet her, she was convinced that it was safe enough to come down and greet him.
With her wings flapping rapidly, she gently floated down from her perch, landing on the soft moss covered ground next to the tree, without making a sound.

"Hello stranger." she greeted Fenix, adding a friendly smile. "You got a taste for mushrooms, I see."
Taryn
Taryn
Earth Admin
Earth Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenix Aescar Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:45 pm

Fenix gave a sheepish grin, rubbing the back of his head with his hand. "Guilty. I love the things. They're amazing," he said with a chuckle. Favourite vegetable of all time, definitely. "Mushroom pies are the best, I reckon."

Mushroom rants? Brilliant, Fenix, his mind laughed, teasing. Another chuckle escaped his lips. "Nothing like a good food ramble to break the ice, huh? I'm Fenix, by the way," he added, sticking his hand out to shake the pretty fairy's.
Fenix Aescar
Fenix Aescar

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:43 pm

Taryn decided it was save enough to land, so she did and actually took a step toward Fenix as he held his hand out to greet her. A smile appeared on her face. Someone with a good taste, that sounds quite fun.
"Nice to meet you, Fenix." she replied in a friendly tone, shaking his hand. "I'm... Taryn. Maybe you did hear about me occasionally."

Maybe he did, it wasn't like she was a nobody. She was quite known for her services as a supplier of herbs and other things the forest has to give.
Taryn
Taryn
Earth Admin
Earth Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenix Aescar Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:22 pm

She has such a pretty smile...

Shush you!
If his brain and thoughts could do eye-rolls, they'd certainly be doing them right now. But the male couldn't help it - he spent so much time around the sick that it was a refreshing change to be around a healthy one.

"Taryn...Taryn... Your name does sound familiar..." he began, trying to remember exactly where he'd heard the name. Then he clicked. "You deliver to Daegonna, don't you? She's mentioned you several times when I get the chance to drop by. Coincidentally it always seems to be just after you drop some new stock in, so I'll admit that most ingredients come from you. I've always been a believer that local ingredients are always better than imported," he added with a small shrug.
Fenix Aescar
Fenix Aescar

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:13 pm

Taryn blushed a little bit when Fenix remembered that Daegonna mentioned her. But it was true, she was delivering quite a lot ingedients to her and to Nancy also, if she had the chance to get some eatable things from the forest, like mushrooms or herbs or any kind of fruits.
She gave the man a nod. "Yes, that's me." she said in her usual cheerful voice. "Sometimes Nancy gets something, too, like mushrooms, if they're eatable."
Taryn
Taryn
Earth Admin
Earth Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenix Aescar Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:04 pm

"Look at that - you have your very own fan-club and everything," Fenix joked, laughing. He probably sounded so childish to Taryn throughout this whole conversation. But Fenix didn't care: it was just who he was - cheerful and childish and always laughing. It was good to laugh. So good.

"Nancy's wonderful. She's helped me out many a time. She's also promised to teach me how to bake pies. So I stop pestering her about it every time I get a craving," he said cheerfully. "I repay her by looking after and healing up her customers enough so they can get home safe."

"So what else do you do, Taryn, if you don't mind me asking? Y'know, apart from running your own little business and all..."
Fenix Aescar
Fenix Aescar

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:05 pm

Taryn giggled a little while she listened to Fenix. He was a truly funny guy and it cheered her up. She really didn't mind his company right now, in fact, she started to enjoy it. Maybe this man was worth a friendship. Knowing someone like Fenix seemed perfect to her and who knew what else might happen if they got to know each other. Not that she was that easily trusting with everyone, but with him, Taryn had a feeling that she could trust him. But about the fan-club thing, she actually blushed a little.

"Well, if I'm not running around collecting herbs, I like to travel to the ocean. It's a nice place to think or regain strength if you need to." she replied to his question. "But most of the time I'm somewhere in the forest, looking for rare plants and other things. Oh... and practice some of my skills of course."
Taryn frowned a little about her last lines. "Okay... that sounds like I'm a workaholic." she added with a small giggle.
Taryn
Taryn
Earth Admin
Earth Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenix Aescar Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:15 pm

The goofy grin on his face had now become a permanent fixture on his face. She was really kind and sweet. Not to mention intelligent. Fenix really liked that in a person - it was no fun when you couldn't manage a conversation with someone, regardless of how pretty they were.

"Hey now, there's nothing wrong with being a bit of a workaholic. It's only when you start using growth spells on your friends in an attempt to get more berries from them that you know you have a problem. Until then, you're fine," he joked, laughing. In all honesty, he was rather a workaholic. His free time was usually spent reading up on cures or studying plants. Not that he minded - he loved his job. "I'm a self-proclaimed workaholic. Though that's mainly because a Healer's job and study never finish. There's always some new curing spell or potion to learn about."

Hearing that she liked to go to the sea, he perked up. "The ocean, huh? Well, I agree with you there - it is a most brilliant place to go and relax. There's something incredibly soothing about just sitting and listening to the waves break upon shore. Maybe we could go some time, for a picnic?" he suggested rather shyly. He didn't want to give her the wrong impression - she was much to nice for that; he really didn't want to scare her off.
Fenix Aescar
Fenix Aescar

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:25 pm

"Ah, well I think in that department I'm okay. Although, Growth spells are a nice thing for party decoration though." Taryn said with a small laugh. "If you like your decorations flowery."
So he was healer, that was a nice job. Interesting, as Taryn found. She admired people who used their skills to help others rather than to hurt them. She hated it when she had to use her skills for self protection. But she sometimes used it to make a point.
"Well, I guess it's just the same with everything else. You never stop learning. Although, your field of expertise sounds rather interesting."
Upon his comment about meeting at the ocean for a picnic, she blushed, but kept her smile. She hadn't had that type of conversation is quite a long time. "That sounds lovely." she replied honestly, not scared off at all, actually, she was flattered by him suggesting that, although they just met.
Taryn
Taryn
Earth Admin
Earth Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenix Aescar Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:59 pm

"When I was little, Mama and Grandmama would always grow various flowers in preparation for Yule and hang them up. We'd have garlands of primroses and orchids criss-crossing the room, berries and pansies and such decorating the tree... It was really wonderful," he said softly, smiling at the memory. "Grandpapa and Papa would always jokingly complain that it was much too flowery, but they loved it really."

At her complimentary remark about his work Fenix practically glowed. "You really think so? Thank you." His job - after everything he'd been through in the past - was something he really held dear. Ever since he'd been little he had enjoyed helping living creatures. The fact that he now got to do that as a job was a childhood dream come true. "The only problem is that the amount of time you spend around the sick - after a while you forget what it's like to hang around normal healthy people. So forgive me if I'm too overly cheerful about hanging out in the presence of healthy company," he chuckled.

He himself blushed slightly upon seeing Taryn's blush and hearing her acceptance of his offer. "Wonderful. Let me know when you're free and I'll work around that. As for now, would you like to go for a stroll?"
Fenix Aescar
Fenix Aescar

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:14 pm

Taryn smiled a little, picking up a few mushrooms and put them into a small basket she carried with her. He seemed to be a sensitive guy at some point, yet a caring one. Helping others was a quality Taryn knew to value. And it wasn't that often to be found.
"Sounds like a wonderful childhood memory." she replied with a somewhat sad note in her soft voice. She didn't remember much of her birth parents as they were killed when she was young, but she liked to imagine that they would have had a wonderful time, too.

"Oh, don't worry. I like cheerful people. Makes the world a much happier and brighter place in my book." she replied, turning around and facing Fenix with a warm smile. "Basically I can be free every day... depends on how you can manage."
Taryn
Taryn
Earth Admin
Earth Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenix Aescar Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:37 pm

"Speaking of Yule activities, are you going to Princess Aurora's Midwinter Ball? Because I was wondering - and forgive me if this is too forward - would you like to accompany me to it?" he asked, once again shyness in his words. "It could make for a lovely evening, especially if you listen to all the rumours floating about regarding the preparation for it. Just as friends," he added quickly, before the female got the wrong idea. "I promise I'm not a creep."

Though Taryn tried to hide it, Fenix picked up on the sad note in her words. "Are you ok? Did I say something wrong?" But he could partly guess what it was. The talk about Yule and family could only mean one thing - she'd lost her own family. "You've lost your family too, huh?" he asked softly.
Fenix Aescar
Fenix Aescar

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:58 pm

Taryn smiled a little bit, when he asked about the ball. Taryn had already considered going, but since she didn't have any company up until now, she was glad he asked. Even if it was just as friends, but he'd be a lovely company. "I'd love to go with you. I have a feeling that you'll be a wonderful company. Even for a stroll... since I still want to collect some ingredience to sell." she replied in a more cheerful tone.

Then Taryn sighed a little bit. "I was two when my parents were killed." she replied quietly, her voice once again having that sad tone to it. Although she didn't really remember anything from the first two years of her life, it still made her sad and angry. "I barely remember anything from the first two years of my life. But it still hurts thinking about it, but... that's not your fault, really."
Taryn
Taryn
Earth Admin
Earth Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenix Aescar Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:59 pm

Fenix couldn't help the slight blush that found its way into his cheeks at her words, or the laugh that left his lips. Normally he wasn't as straight-forward as this, but something about Taryn made his shyness decide to take a more regular break and let confidence step in more often. Besides, what was life without taking some chances and risks? "Great, I look forward to it. And I am most certain you shall be wonderful company yourself, Miss. If worst comes to worst and we run out of things to talk about, we can always swap spell and potion notes," he joked with another laugh.

Gosh, someone's all giggly today...

"But I'm certain it won't come to that. I'll try not to bore you." His expression sobered when she told him about her family, and the smile slimmed down to one of understanding rather than joy. "I'm really sorry to hear that," he said softly. "It must be so much worse for you because you'd hardly remember them..."

Oh nice one, Fenix - just go and state the obvious...! his mind sarcastically chided him. A second later he got an idea and concentrating hard, made a forget-me-not bloom from his hand. "I'm sure that they would be proud to call you their daughter," he told her, handing the flower to her. "So you don't forget your roots."
Fenix Aescar
Fenix Aescar

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:07 am

Taryn couldn't help but laugh a little at his comment. Usually she wasn't as confident, actually quite the shy one, but somehow this meeting seemed like it was meant to happen when it did. He seemed like such a nice guy and he shared the fate of loosing his parents as it seemed, which made it easy for Taryn to imagine what he must have been going through, although she was so young when it happened to her.
"I doubt we ever run out of things to talk about... there's so much in the world to talk about that sometimes I believe we'd have to talk all day to get it all out." she replied, a playful note to her voice. "Not that I'm usually the chatty one, but... in the right company, feels like I never done anything else."

Taryn let out a small sigh. Yes, she's heard that line about how hard it must have been a million times before, but she couldn't really reply anything to it. She hardly remembered anything and if her adoptive parents hadn't told her about her birth parents, Taryn would've never known. She considered Xantara, Xavier and their son Ajax her family now. She always had, for as long as she could remember. Although she hardly remembered what it felt like coming into their family at first. She was only two years old.
"Well, I can't say it had been that hard. I was too young to understand what happened and... if my adopted parents hadn't told me, I probably would've never remembered anything of that night." Taryn replied honestly. Usually she wouldn't talk about that with anyone, but somehow she trusted Fenix. She didn't know why, but she felt like she could tell him without having to fear the whole town would know it the next day.

Taryn watched him making the small blue flower and even smiled a little when he handed it to her. Her fingers slightly brushed his while taking the small flower from him. "Thank you. That's very sweet of you." she said, now blushing a little bit as she looked at Fenix.
Taryn
Taryn
Earth Admin
Earth Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenix Aescar Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:37 pm

"You're most welcome. And thanks, glad you think so," he added with a boyish grin at her 'sweet' comment. "I like forget-me-nots. They're rather pretty. And I've always thought they're rather cheerful looking flowers, don't you think? It's almost as if they're trying to say that when remembering the past, just dwell on the happy memories not the sad." He looked down, watching the footprints that were being made in the snow. Come Spring there'd be nothing to show for this walk except fond memories. Fond memories of meeting a lovely fairy and having a wonderful afternoon with her.

"I'm sorry for the rather sombre turn of conversation," he said, looking back up at her. "And let me promise right now that what's said here, stays here. Healer's Honour." He wasn't one to tell others what had been entrusted to him; he looked down upon those who did - after all, the secrets weren't theirs to tell in the first place. "What are your adoptive parents like? If you don't mind me asking, of course."
Fenix Aescar
Fenix Aescar

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:24 pm

Taryn was slightly impressed with his comment about the forget-me-not. She always liked meeting someone who liked flowers just as much as she did, a friendly person.
"In the victorian times it meant faithful or true love. But I'd go with the obvious meaning to not forget someone or something." Taryn replied with a soft smile. "But true, they are lovely flowers."

Upon the change of subjects, meaning Fenix asking about her adoptive parents, the mood actually lightened again. She loved them as family and she didn't mind his curiosity at all. "Oh, I don't mind at all." she replied. "They're kind and loving. Taught me a lot of what I know today. Yet they're rather hard-working for fairies. But then... much like my parents, they came here with close to nothing and worked for everything they got. Even more so after that fight and fire that got my parents killed. But they're lovely people. Never meaning harm to anyone... if they aren't threatened."
Taryn
Taryn
Earth Admin
Earth Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenix Aescar Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:37 pm

"Really? I didn't know that," Fenix remarked, raising an interested eyebrow. "I bet you get them from your partner lots then," he added lightly. For all his comments about going on a picnic together and attending the ball, Fenix had doubts that the pretty fairy was still single. No one that kind, smart and pretty could be single for very long. So the only option, as far as he could see, was to tread rather carefully. The last thing he wanted to do was to say or do the wrong thing and end up scaring her away.

"They sound really lovely," Fenix told her with a kind smile. It sounded like despite the hardships she'd had she at least had a good childhood growing up. At her final comment he chuckled. "Aye, you lot can be rather scary when provoked. The amount of times I've had to heal people because they threatened a faerie and thought they could get away with it..." Some people never learned that looks could be deceiving. Just because the creatures looked helpless didn't make it so. In fact, over the years Fenix had come to realise that when threatened, some faeries were capable of dealing out more damage than a human could. Fenix's theory was that since the faerie folk were so much more in-tune with the elements, the damage dealt was considerably more powerful. "Remind me to never ever make you mad," he added in a joking tone.
Fenix Aescar
Fenix Aescar

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:06 am

Taryn couldn't help a small giggle. Actually, she was surprised that he seemed interested in her, after all, he was rather funny and she wasn't even sure he wasn't seeing someone already. She'd be surprised if he was. "Well... right now there's no one special in my life... at least no one who gives me flowers anyway." she replied honestly. Right now she really felt like she could trust him. He seemed kind and actually caring and not just prentending he did.

"Well, most of us are rather friendly and balanced people, but yes, we can get really scary when we feel threatened." she replied, thinking of a few occasions even she had to not only raise her voice but use some magic to teach another one a lesson. Sometimes it was fun, if her life didn't depend on it. "Right now, you're on the right track to not ever making me mad. Anyway, usually I'm not getting that mad that easily."
Taryn
Taryn
Earth Admin
Earth Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down